Hardware, Peripherals and Microelectronics links
- The homepage of the Australian Computer Museum Society Inc. (WA)
Ever wondered where those old, disused minicomputers and all the other "junk" goes? These guys get it!
Old home page
- Hi-tech Electronic Surplus
- Anyone for an IR keyboard?
- What to do with your leftover VAXes
- "My other VAX is a VAXbar"
- The Hardware Book
- Microprocessor Report
- VSI Alliance
- This is a consortium of manufacturers that are working towards an open
standard for the distribution of chip-based intellectual property.
- Boycott Intel
- "The Intel Pentium III chip: designed to deny your privacy"
- The RS485 serial communications protocol
- Review Booth
- DNA-based computing
- Auto ID News
- SmartCard info galore...
Deskbounds and luggables
Hardware Formerly Known As IBM Compatible
Thanks to Richard Jenkins from Curtin Uni for inventing/stealing
the cool name.
- PC Weasel
- Control your x86 box using a serial port. In hardware.
If you have a Vaio with ACPI battery monitoring or wirless LAN
problems, I know someone who may be able to help.
Don't go wasting a perfectly mediocre Linux platform by
polluting it with MicroShaft stuff.
"My Alpha processes SETI@home blocks faster than anything else" -- Simon Fryer
Weird, experimental and super-compact computers & microcontrollers
- The PLEB project
This mini-board uses a StrongArm processor and it's Designed
home of the PascalLite chips
- Interval Research
- Floating Point Gate Arrays and reconfigurable hardware stuff
- The Neuhausplatz foam-cased PC
- A single-board computer that plugs into a 30-pin SIMM socket
Network servers and infrastructure
For firewalls and stuff. Go to Mikrotik for software & accessories
Gadgets and Personal Tech
See also my Software and Networking pages for stuff to use with these.
The makers of CASIF/Win, a Casio electronic organiser
Damn near everyone seems to have some sort of PalmPilot these
days, so go to the Palm home
page to check 'em out. USRobotics used to make them and
3Com make them now...
The Wall Street Journal's
- BlueTooth mobile phone headset
They designed a new entry-level PDA platform and licensed the
technology to hardware manufacturers. Interesting
- MIT's Ant Project
- MIT's Autonomous Robot Design Competition
- James Trevelyan's page
- James is a robotics specialist
- Robot Wars
A UK TV show featuring home-brew and "house" robots fighting
in an arena situation
Displays and graphics cards
- Display technology using Light Emitting Polymers
- Kopin microdisplays
- Ever fancied having a computer display in your mirrorshades?
- An explanation of writable DVD formats
Last modified: Tue Oct 7 22:27:18 WST 2003