File Not Found.
The file is deceased.
It is no longer. It has passed on.
You can not have that file in this life!
The file is dead, lifeless, departed, demised, late, extinct, no more.
It has broken on through to the other side. -- eskimo.com's 404 message
Info about ORL's Virtual
Network tutorials at
- No ads. No bias. No bull.
- Internet Domain Name Service info
- Query the InterNIC DNS registry
- and then query Open SRS if InterNIC tells you a domain is registered there
- Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
- List of country codes -vs- NICs
- North American Network Operators' Group resources for ISPs
Networking protocols and servers
Some people say that a monkey would bang out the complete works
of Shakespeare on a typewriter give an unlimited amount of time.
In the meantime, what they would probably produce is a valid
sendmail configuration file. -- Nicholas Petreley
- The ATM Forum
- A BlueTooth-based network application layer.
The Gnutella file transfer
- A bit like a generalised version of the Napster protocol.
- Those responsible for Speex, an open audio compression scheme.
- The Directory of Publicly Accessible Mailing Lists
- An Australian list of mailing lists
Iridium satellite flares
- A data haven in SeaLand near Britain
- A finger gateway
- The e-zine list
- Etext Zines
Avoiding bad information
Experience the joy of helping to get rid of spam, rather than
just deleting it and wishing it didn't happen.
- Paul Graham's essay on a Baysian method of detecting spam using word frequencies
- Spam Assassin
- Can be made more useful on sendmail systems using Spamass-milter
The Internet as a Cultural Phenomenon
There is not doubt that when people look back at the late '90s,
they will see that the Internet changed the world in a very big
way. This section is about the trivia, milestones and people
which have made the Internet what it is today. It is dedicated to
everyone who has ever used version 1 of Netscape and can remember
when Java just meant coffee or an island in South East Asia.
Last modified: Sat Apr 12 16:43:21 WST 2003