UCC Meeting on 21st May 2020
UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2020-05-21
Meeting opened at 19:37 AKA 7:37!
- Motion to budget $150 for 4G data sim card
- 4/8 votes - didn't pass
- Needed 5 votes
Confirmation of minutes from previous meeting
- They exist, they are good
- Main thing: CHARITY UNVIGIL
- Was a massive success!
- Raised the most we've raised at a Charity Vigil probably ever
- Nearly $1,800 for CHARITY!
- Need to sort donations on Square
- Costs incurred: $3.29 for the website domain
- Ended up using our own servers for games - so no cost there
- Subcommittee decided to top-up donations (ie. split costs of processing fees)
- Less than $10 per club to cover the 2.2% processing fee!
- Will talk more about this later
- Also setup the 4G access point again so we have a backup link to the club again
- Put both small SSDs in!
- Didn't have time to install the big ones (the 2x 1TB ones)
- Network deadlines... also to discuss later
Vice President's Report
- Uni and exams, exams, exams, yay exams
- In other news: mail is a huge hassle
- Got in touch with Makers Committee about network changes
- They seem to have accomodated the changes already...
- Bre (Guild President) has said that the CIO will get the network team to have a look at it
- Also will call in the morrow
- 212 accounts due for renewal
- ...SOC do not yet have a date for when Cameron Hall will reopen ;(
- The tav has reopened however...
- Membership is currently at 130
- 53 Renewals / 80 New Members
- Last year we had 265 members...
- This equates to a membership revenue shortfall of ~$1,500 vs 2019
- That amount is an estimate based off the difference of 130 memberships
- (70% guild/student, 20% non-guild non-student, 10% other)
- If everyone renewed: would be approximately $2,500
- Have got a list of accounts to email
- Would be nice to extend when account locking happens given UCC is still closed
- Committee agrees that waiting until we have a reopening date is a good idea
- Started drafting a media release for [email protected]; will put draft up for input soon
- Need a proper breakdown from Charity unVigil before donating
- Tag/email reimbursement things to [email protected]
- Helps treasurer...be treasurer...
- Someone pls make mail work
Fresher Rep's Report
- Hopes the clubroom opens soon
- Happy to hear Charity unVigil went well
- ...that's about it
- Had a good time doing stuff at the Charity Vigil UnCharity Unvigil
- Had three accounts on charityunvigil.online
- Second account was an accident...
- ...but the third one was to annoy [MPT]
- Decided not to prepare a rant
- Things might come up later...
- Unplanned rants incoming
- 1 x Unplanned rant later occurs
- I am here
- Sorry for not voting on things
- Has six assignments due in the next six days
- Has not been doing any UCC-related things
- Idea: Tag in/Tag out to the clubroom for social distancing things
- Could set up a system to help us automate when the clubroom is "full"
- Will help us show we can meet requirements
- [MLG]: May just have to put it on paper ...
- [MPT]: Might still have to wait until UWA reopens everything anyway
- Charity UnVigil happened
- No one attended SCP
- Sad reaccs only
- Haven't really done anything for the club apart from ...helping run charity unvigil
Machine Technical Reports
- Problems with webmail
- Problems with things running on mussel
- These problems are due to authentication...
- Getting ever closer to upgrading things...
- Likely to be discussed at the next Wheel meeting
- Got the 4G linkup backup...
- No matter what happens tomorrow or next week - we can still do things!
- Tomorrow's U R G E N T T A S K:
- Need to get properly in contact with IT
- We have enetered "Work Around Mode"
- Least breakage for us, least pain for them
- Still folding
- Still doing stuff
- All spinning away
- [email protected] Team Rank: 2,949
- Nearly cracked the 1%
- UCC Discord Bot Poll Motion to budget $150 for 12 month recharge of the Telstra 4G access point
- Poll is still under consideration (as of 19/05)
- Motion to reimburse [MPT] $150 for a 12 month recharge for a 4G sim
- $12.50 a month...
- Was the cheapest option at the time; had to purchase as the previous credit had expired
- [MLG] seconds
- [MPT] abstains
- Motion passes
Samsung Pros 1TB
- Have 2* Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB 2.5" SATA III SSDs
- These are for Magikarp/Mudkip
Samsung EVO 250GB
- Also have 2* Samsung 860 Evo 250 GB SATA III SSDs
- System discs for the new Cisco server (H)
- These were installed by [MPT]
- Should be able to get them up and running
- These were installed Mon 18/05!
- Goodbye Fujitsu
- What mail
- [MPT] tried to check Mon 18/05...
- ...but Campus said no
- Later they called back - No mail anyway!
- Cameron Hall is still closed
- Cameron Hall is still accessible to all students for some reason
- Cameron Hall is dirty
- Tenancy Lease Agreement has been updated (for future tenants)
- Although the new version is not online yet...
- SOC is looking at updating the reallocation policy
- If you have suggestions for what the reallocation policy document should include
- Now is the time to contact SOC!
- Social Distancing is now Physical Distancing
- [MTL] Exploring the tinc VPN happened Thurs 14/05 17:30
- [BOB] DIY Computer Building happened Tue 19/05 18:30
- Success! Thank you for volunteering
- Can view recorded talks via the same meeting link
- [TEC] to do an interactive series
- Four talks: Jun 23 / Jun 30 / Jul 7 / Jul 14
- [MPT] apparently has ideas, but cannot remember them
- Action: [MPT] to remember the things
- Action: Committee to rope people in to do a talk
- If everyone found one person...
- Which clubs
- Who wants on the subcommittee
- How to do this with Physical Distancing
- [MVP] happy to be on subcommittee
- [MVP] + [TEC] + [MLG]
- Everyone sounds interested
- [MVP]: Can use Kahoot
- Can set up subcommittee in Discord
- Quizmittee will be formed
- Is done!
- Donation Tracker: existed thanks to [FVP] and [MPT]
- The success of the event was very much thanks to their hard work
- Code will be open to other clubs so they can use for any future events
- [TEC]: Motion to thank FVP for his work on the donation tracker!
- Thank you, Felix!
- [MLG]: Motion to also thank [MPT]...
- [AAA], [MVP]: Seconded
- [MPT] Abstains from the motion to thank himself
- Motion Passes
- Thank you, James!
- Things remaining: sort out monies
- Need to sort costs, check amounts, & make the donation
- Costs - domain
- Costs - card processing fees: 2.2%
- $10.57 in total!
Motion to cover transfer fees and domain for Charity unVigil
- Motion to pay additional $10.57 to cover card processing and domain costs
- Seconded: [PQZ]
- Passed 8-0-0
- Motion Passes
- Can use our $10 set aside for hosting costs :D
- Bank transfer to send the amount to Zonta House
- Action: [MLG] to check out Square payments and report back before transferring
- Almost all of our $50 budgeted for prizes has been spent
- NERF guns: FREE!
- $20 Steam voucher from Target
- Samdisc USB-C Drive $18
- USB Fan $11.98
- Total of: 49.98 on prizes
- NAILED IT
- We should talk about joint camp!
- [MVP]: UniSFA and Unigames have asked about running a joint camp
- [MPT]: Regular camp was cancelled last year due to low interest
- [TEC]: On this - would like to see more development with other Tech clubs at UWA
- Can explore making connections with clubs outside of Cameron Hall
- [MVP]: Camp could be the big event for us and other clubs
- [MPT]: Have to think about cool things to do for a camp
Camp ain't just LANs
- Doesn't have to just be LANs...
- University Camp Club
- What does UCC want to be: UCC seems to have two identities
- LAN world and Tech World
- We can still be both
- Everyone starts talking about missing the Camp Antenna
Camp as Identity
- [MPT]: If we are seeking to improve our identity as a club, joint camp may dilute those efforts
- People would still come either way
Camp as Unlikely
- Usually runs in June/July between Semester breaks
Camp as Camptenna
- Is it for the camp, or for cAMPTENNA?
Camp as a Cause
- [MVP]: The people in the club aren't garbage
Camps against COVID
- Difficult to plan for a camp given the COVID environment also...
- Physical Distancing in a tent
- 1 Tent pp
- A lot of details to work through
- Best way forward: We are interested
- UCC is interested, [MVP] to follow up
Camp as ...Not A Camp
- [PQZ]: Could organise a one-day summit joint event?
- Talks/networking, could encourage CS students to do talks
- Still hard to plan for events...
Action Items from previous meeting
- Charity UnVigil!
- Purchase of 2* 500 GB/1TB SSDs (budgeted $1000 2019-10-04) has happened
- Need to obtain receipt from [NTU] and refund purchase
- Receipt obtained, payment transferred
- Liase with [NTU] and [MPT] regarding installation of new SSDs
- Has been Uni-ing
- Account locking
- Need to check whether the script/UCC needs memberships to be run through dispense (as well as MemberDB)
Has a list of emails
Make sure Westpac admin happens
- ProCesSinG DeLayS
Have been manually added thanks to MLG + MPT
- Drafting a media release for [email protected]
- Still need to amp up tweeter and instagram
- We are still ucc_status
- Rant? about how the Charity unVigil donation tests went
- MOST VALUED DONATION
Donation to Zonta House
- $1771 raised for Charity :o
- (Donation tracker only shows the pledged monies)
- [email protected] media release is being drafted
- [NTU] offers to help edit
- We can also write a MR about the event/donation/Zonta House
- Is on Saturday at 14:00
- People are invited if you're interested
Meeting closed at 20:59
Current Action Items
- Attend upcoming Wheel meeting and/or read Wheel minutes
- Join Quizmittee, or don't join quizmittee
- Call IT
- Convince someone other than yourself to do a Tech Talk
- Git Commit -all the talks
- Call IT
- Convince someone other than yourself to do a Tech Talk
- Square report fun time x Charity UnVigil!
- Report back about camp things (the ...2021 camp?)
- Finish media release(s)
Minutes uploaded by [PQZ] at 22:10 on 2020-05-21