UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2018-05-25



  • [GOZ] Andrew Gozzard [President]
  • [CFE] Zack Wong [Treasurer]
  • [FVP] Felix von Perger [Secretary]
  • [GIR] Caira Bayman [Fresher Rep]
  • [CHB] Alden Bong [OCM]


  • [PJA] Peter Allnutt
  • [ROB] Robert Hortin


  • [JWB] William Chesnutt [Vice President]
  • [KAT] C. C. 'Blake' [OCM]
  • [LCY] Chien Yi Lo [OCM]


  • [LGM] Alex Dawson
  • [LDT] Roland Kerr
  • [TRS] James Andrewartha
  • [TFM] Thomas Miller
  • [BOB] Andrew 'Bob' Adamson
  • [THA] Thomas Hill Almeida
  • [po0rspirit] Sam Benson

Meeting opened at 16:02

Confirmation of minutes from 2018-05-18

Committee Reports

President's Report

  • Nothing else to report.

Vice President's Report

  • Cable arrived, is plugged in
    • Should probably change the label so that people know aux is on 1 not 2.
  • Considered door policy, will start actually writing it post exams.
  • F**k assignments tbh.

Secretary's Report

  • Continued writing EMP.
    • See below for camp.
  • Square: need someone to provide identity documents for account activation.
    • [CFE] volunteers.
  • Checked mail on Tuesday and today.
    • Paper copy of our phone bill for the last 2 months
    • Got a lovely letter from Electrolux debt collectors.
    • Nothing new today.
  • Contacted [LGM] about BeBoxes.
    • [LGM] is happy to sell them for us.
    • Need to discuss base level price for boxes.
    • (Secretary's note: this did not end up being discussed during the meeting.)

Treasurer's Report

  • Accounts:
    • Cheque: $5468.78
    • Mastercard: $30.62
    • Guild: $1753.65
  • I've been doing grants, books and not much else.

Fresher Rep's Report

  • Finally at a meeting again! Yay!
  • Nothing else to report.

OCM Reports

  • [KAT] and [LCY] are absent.


  • We've got quiz night stuff to deal with.

Machine Technical Reports


  • Nothing new is broken.


  • IPv6 is broken. Try connecting to ssh.ucc.asn.au on Windows (over IPv6).
    • [CFE] Works on my computer, seems only broken on some devices.
  • [TRS] is coming in after the meeting to tell us why the WiFi is broken.
    • [CFE] recommends Ubiquiti.
    • [GOZ] shows [PJA] the channel graphs.


  • Pinball is broken.
  • Windows Update: [BOB] got annoyed at Microsoft and sent some angry emails to [THA].
    • TODO: [FVP] Send an email to [BOB].
  • [PJA] Cobra complains about Windows not being activated.
    • [GOZ] has no idea where the Windows license keys are.
    • TODO: [CFE] to chase up [LDT] and ask about Windows licenses.

New equipment

  • New AUX cable.

Drinks and Snacks

  • Thanks to [TFM] for doing a drinks/snack run.
    • [GOZ] Motion to reimburse $342.00 to [TFM] for the snacks and drinks.
      • [CHB] seconds.
      • [GOZ] names the rain for being too loud.
      • Motion passes unanimously.

External Entities


  • Checked mail on Tuesday and Friday.
    • See Secretary's Report above.


  • Nothing to report.
  • [GOZ] finished the room application for PCS.
    • UCC might have neighbours soon!

Other Affairs

  • [CFE] Wasn't this section called "Other Entities" before?
    • [FVP] I renamed it to fix my scripts.
  • [PJA] interrupted the meeting again, see General Business to find out how committee got distracted
    • [GOZ] Quiet, or I will name you!


[ROB] UWA Sports eSports Event

  • [ROB] has emailed [GOZ] the format and layout.
    • [ROB] is running the Rocket League part of the event with UCC.
  • Next Wednesday (2018-05-30), 12:00-14:00
  • [PJA] can be present during the event to hold the room open.
  • [GOZ] We should advertise this to our members.
    • [ROB] The promotion is being done by the faculties, since it is an interfaculty event.
    • Registrations are open, but everyone should be part of a faculty if they are studying at UWA.
    • It should be possible to register on the day.
  • [GOZ] We need someone to show up as UCC's representative for the event.
    • [ROB] Ideally someone who knows about rocket league, can fix technical issues and run the projector.
    • po0rspirit: I can come, and can learn Rocket League with some googling.
    • [GOZ] I can come, with some rearrangement of my timetable.
  • [ROB] Callout to UCC members willing to loan out PC-compatible controllers to this event.
    • [GOZ] Technically, you can play Rocket League with keyboard and mouse.
  • [ROB] will be personally loaning equipment from UCC in order to assist with the event.

[ROB] UCC Nostalgia Night

  • Has been on the whiteboard in the clubroom for a while.
  • [ROB] Considering running it end of June.
  • [GOZ] Let's discuss this another time, sounds like a good event to me.

Quiz Night

  • [CFE] On the plus side, we are pretty confident, we know approximately how many tickets we sold.
  • The Quiz Night committee has had some trouble with the accounting and record keeping side of things.
    • [GOZ] gives the committee a briefing on the current status of Quiz Night shenanigans.
    • [GOZ] and [DAS] are more or less the only people who seem to think they know actually what is going on.

Movie nights

  • Reminder to bring it back next semester.

Sysadmin "Tech-talk" workshop

  • Bring back next semester.


  • [FVP] I need student number, full name, residential address, phone number and email of everyone on committee for the camp contact list.
  • Finished itinerary and roster. Finally!
  • [FVP] Contacted Guild events and camp leaders can be rostered.
    • [GIR] does not want to be rostered as camp leader.
  • [FVP] has sent [KAT] the information to put on camp posters.
  • Need to write code of conduct & event application forms.
    • [CFE] will try to find the source for last year's forms and modify it accordingly.
  • [FVP] Meeting with Guild Events may be possible on Monday, potentially allowing us to start advertising on Tuesday.

[LDT] Planetside event

  • Happened and finished. Nobody present knows how well it went.
  • [GOZ] A member did a cool thing. Clap clap clap clap clap.

Action Items from 2018-05-18


  • [GOZ]: Send email about door incentives. - will be done.


  • [JWB]: Write storage & mailbox applications. - done


  • [CFE]: Untangle financial records for 2016. phffhmmm.
    • This year's records aren't messed up. We'll leave it at that.
  • [CFE]: Transfer ucc.asn.au to VentraIP and renew domain registration. - done
  • [CFE]: Buy 500GB SSD for Pinball. - done
    • SSD is in the mail.
  • [CFE]: Write and submit SOC grant applications. - in progress
  • [CFE]: Implement committee handover documentation archive in a suitable format. - not done


  • [CFE] and [FVP]: Finish writing and submit the EMP for Camp. - in progress
  • [FVP] and [CFE]: Organise sysadmin workshop - to do after exams.
  • [FVP]: Contact [LGM] about selling the BeBoxes. - done
  • [FVP]: Research options for multifunction printers. - not done


  • [KAT]: Get a poster for Camp. - not done
  • [KAT] and [CFE]: Print cards for machine specs and clubroom rules. - not done


  • [JWB], [LCY] and [CHB]: Discuss door policy reviews. - not done
  • [LCY]: Organise first-year unit study events with [EAR].
  • Committee: Everyone with RSA certificates, please send them to [CFE].

General Business

  • [PJA] Let other door members know that they may not be able to add new members.
  • [TPG]: [JWB] to discuss the most important door duty with himself, closing the goddamn door
    • [CFE] Reminder to door members to shut the door when they leave.
  • [FVP] needs a pre-printed bank statement to send to Paypal.
  • [PJA] Could we sell blank RFID cards in the vending machine?
    • [FVP] UCC could sell RFID membership cards.
    • [GOZ] We used to have membership cards.
    • TODO: [FVP] to investigate printed RFID cards.
  • [GOZ] Discuss a consumables budget for the Treasurer to reimburse people.
    • A show of hands reveals that 100% of committee members present seem to be in favour of such a thing.
  • The clock has stopped, still showing 17:05.
    • [PJA] says "Door members will be adjusting the clock every half hour."

Meeting closed at 17.27

Current Action Items


  • [GOZ]: Send email about door incentives.


  • [CFE]: Untangle financial records for 2016.
  • [CFE]: Write and submit SOC grant applications.
  • [CFE]: Implement committee handover documentation archive.
  • [CFE]: Chase up [LDT] and ask about Windows licenses.


  • [CFE] and [FVP]: Finish writing and submit the EMP for Camp.
  • [FVP] and [CFE]: Organise sysadmin workshop - to do after exams.
  • [FVP]: Research options for multifunction printers.
  • [FVP]: Send an email to [BOB].
  • [FVP]: Investigate printed RFID cards.


  • [KAT]: Get a poster for Camp.
  • [KAT] and [CFE]: Print cards for machine specs and clubroom rules.


  • [JWB], [LCY] and [CHB]: Discuss door policy reviews.
  • [LCY]: Organise first-year unit study events with [EAR].
  • Committee: Everyone with RSA or Food Safety certificates, please send them to [CFE].

Minutes uploaded by [FVP] at 23:15 on 2018-06-27