UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2018-10-10



  • [JWB] William Chesnutt [Vice President]
  • [CFE] Zack Wong [Treasurer]
  • [FVP] Felix von Perger [Secretary]
  • [LCY] Chien Yi Lo [OCM]


  • [GIR] Caira Bayman [Fresher Rep]


  • [THA] Tom Hill Almeida [OCM]


  • [CHB] Alden Bong [OCM]
  • [GOZ] Andrew Gozzard [President]


Meeting opened at 13:00:09

Committee Reports

President's Report

  • Absent.

Vice President's Report

  • Spoke to Hayden, didn't work out as I wanted.
    • See events.
  • Busy writing essays [...] disgusting.

Secretary's Report

  • Checked the mail.
  • Contacted about 5 different venues, see events.
  • Been busy.
  • 3D printer nozzle heating element has a dodgy connection, may need replacing.

Treasurer's Report

  • Accounts:
    • Cheque: $4120.21
    • Mastercard: $77.74
    • Guild: $2970.26
  • Semester 2 grants due on 26th October 5pm, need to start working on those.
  • Financial reports have been done.
  • New chargers are still not being gotten.
  • Busy with coursework.

Fresher Rep's Report

  • Absent, report delivered late.
  • Busy with coursework.

OCM Reports


  • Forwarded emails from Hayden
  • [LLL] is a bit worried about Relay for Life attendance
    • We will probably be losing to Unigames, come along if you want to change that.

Machine Technical Reports


  • Complaints about AD...


  • Network works.


  • Someone suggested to switch Cobra with Corvo so people can sit next to each other while gaming.
    • [FVP] doesn't like mechanical keyboards,
    • [GIR] arrives at 13:11:24.
    • Argument ensues about the numerous benefits of mechanical keyboards versus membrane keyboards.
    • [Secretary's note: membrane keyboards are still the best.]
    • [LCY] is happy to move machines around after the meeting.
    • Committee does not think that moving it would not be a good idea.

New equipment

  • No new equipment.

Drinks and Snacks

  • [CFE] Need solo.
    • [JWB] We need more drinks.
  • [LCY] People have requested pasito.
  • TODO: [GIR] Organise a drink/snack run.

External Entities


  • No mail.


  • SOC meeting next Wednesday, 17th October.
    • [JWB] can go but might look a bit like Jesus.

Other Affairs

  • Electrolux has not not sent us any invoices.


Vive Nights

  • No vive night tonight.
  • Cancelled until exams are done.

Charity Vigil

  • There was a wrapup meeting, [JWB] was at work and did not attend.
  • TODO: [JWB] Forward subcommittee meeting minutes to committee.
  • We have to donate the money.
    • Cash in the safe, drink sales etc.
  • Each club owes Unigames $0.63
  • TODO: [CFE] Make sure subcommittee financial matters are resolved.

Artemis LAN

  • [CHB] is not here yet.

Cameron Hall-oween

  • We have posters.
  • Posted on Facebook, twice. Sorry [GIR].

Relay for Life

  • See [LCY]'s report.

44th Anniversary Dinner (2018-10-20)

  • The Tavern has replied regarding venue hire and catering
    • It's too expensive.
  • Advertising has already gone out, which makes changing the venue more annoying.
  • [CHB] arrives 13:40:21.
  • [JWB] is extremely disappointed in the members of committee who printed and published advertising material before the event details were finalised.
  • Options for venues:
    • Chelsea pizza:
      • Did not respond to call, 0893867833
      • Sent booking enquiry by online form
      • Call back from +61431814403 (George)
      • Booking a day in advance is fine
      • Decoration is possible in advance
      • Table service
      • Bill splitting is possible
      • Bar tab
      • Not exclusive booking, up to 80 people in Nedlands restaurant
    • 399 Bar:
      • Paul (Functions): 0420 922 716 – [email protected]
      • "Courtyard" available 20th October, outdoor area
      • No charges, can order food / delivieries
      • BYO food
      • TV & Music available
      • Cheap in house food
      • Large-ish group: selected discounted drinks all night (with arm band)
      • Reserved as of 9/10/2018
    • Miss Mauds CBD:
      • Available on 20th October
      • Not exclusive booking, up to 70 people.
      • Dinner option: 5-9pm, $65 per person on a Saturday
    • The Royal:
      • 60 Royal St, East Perth WA 6004
      • Functions catering / drinks options have been received.
      • Drinks: drinks package with set cost per person per hour or bar tab
  • [JWB] 399 Bar drinks "special" pricing is not great.
  • Event will be at the Royal (East Perth), 6-9pm
    • [JWB] Ideally we don't want to run this at more than $500 loss.
  • 14:23 [FVP] leaves
    • Ticket price is $40pp, food allowance is $25pp, drinks allowance (initial bar tab) $600, will match further additions to bar tab dollar to dollar.
      • [jwb] motions to budget $500 to run aniversary dinner
      • [cfe] seconds
      • passes, all for

Study Events for all CITS units

  • Happening on Thursday 4-6pm.
  • Posters were made, Facebook events were put up, no posters have been postered anywhere though.

Tech talks

  • Thanks to [DAA] for presenting yesterday, it was fun.
  • Attendance was generally low, nobody knew they were on for some reason.
    • Emails were sent, facebook/discord event made, not really more we could do.

Language Week Stall

  • Will be happening next week.

Busybee (Saturday 29/09/2018)

  • Door members have not been administratively removed from door yet.
  • TODO: [FVP] Remove ex-door members from door.

Action Items from 2018-10-03

  • Committee: Determine which things are up for auction after meeting.
  • [GOZ] Book camp at Camp Leschenaultia for 19th to 22nd July 2019 & ask to install eyelets - not done.
  • [CFE] Implement committee handover documentation archive - in progress.
  • [CFE] Continue writing camp network documentation - in progress.
  • [CFE] Buy USB-C chargers - ongoing.
  • [CFE] Investigate options for new monitors - not done.
  • [CFE] Figure out where we are with spending this year - done.
  • [FVP] Organise study event with UCC, PCS, CSSC and UEC - done.
  • [FVP] Organise language week stall - done.
  • [FVP] Send Halloween party email - done.
  • [FVP] Send OGM notification email - done.
  • [LCY] Talk to [thedom102] about repeated doorings. - done
  • [LCY] Contact potential Relay for Life participants and make them interested. - done
  • [LCY] Follow up with Anniversary Dinner booking & organise menu. - done
  • [CHB] Facilitate discussions about machine room renovations. - ongoing
  • [CHB] Follow up with Anniversary Dinner EMP. - done, need to redo
  • [THA] Finish inventorying and make spec cards for machines.
  • [THA] Talk with [GOZ] about how best to install Steam on Linux desktops.
  • [JWB] Investigate possibility of buying new chairs. - done
    • current chairs should be fine for now
    • mesh back chairs were looked into, not a great idea for the club

General Business

  • Door Applications:
    • [DIE]
      • defferred since committee has not read the application yet
  • [osterguard] left clubroom door open overnight on Monday
    • exterminator came in and they didn't close the door after the exterminator left
    • [osterguard] was talked to after forgetting.
    • door was left open again the next day again by [osterguard].
    • [jwb] will discuss with [osterguard], further discussion will occur at next meeting.

Meeting closed at 14:50

Current Action Items

  • Committee: Determine which things are up for auction at Anniversary Dinner.
  • [GOZ] Book camp at Camp Leschenaultia for 19th to 22nd July 2019 & ask to install eyelets.
  • [CFE] Implement committee handover documentation archive.
  • [CFE] Continue writing camp network documentation.
  • [CFE] Buy USB-C chargers.
  • [CFE] Investigate options for new monitors.
  • [CFE] Make sure Charity Vigil financial matters are resolved.
  • [FVP] Remove ex-door members from door.
  • [CHB] Facilitate discussions about machine room renovations.
  • [CHB] Follow up / redo Anniversary Dinner EMP.
  • [THA] Finish inventorying and make spec cards for machines.
  • [THA] Figure out how to best install/fix Steam on Linux desktops.
  • [GIR] Organise a drink/snack run.
  • [JWB] Forward subcommittee meeting minutes to committee.

Minutes uploaded by frekk at 10:38 on 2018-10-13