UCC Meeting on 5th January 2022

UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2022-02-05

  • Last committee minutes have been uploaded to the website


  • [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
  • [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President
  • [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
  • [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer
  • [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
  • [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member



  • [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member

Start Time

  • 10.36

Committee Reports

President's Report

  • Having a full-time job is time consuming! Who would have thought? 😛
  • SOC sprung a last-minute only-announced-on-facebook meeting on us 😞. We basically found out by chance less than 12h before the meeting... James was kind enough to jump in at the last minute, but this quite disapoining on SOC's part.
  • We now need to basically get two things sorted:
    • Club finances before semester.
    • Preperation for O-day and the start of semester.

Vice President's Report

Secretary's Report

  • Ben at uni nearly everyday for the pass couple weekes, playing D&D.
  • Had my booster shot on Friday.

Treasurer's Report

  • Finances Report:
    • Guild Account - $4,182.96
    • Main Westpac Account - $978.15
    • Credit Card Account - $234.60
    • Term Deposit Account - $44,821.11
  • A vertical banner was ordered and has arrived. It is sitting at my house to be transported before O-Day.
  • Setting up a Vanguard account is still in progress, will call them on Monday to discuss options.

Fresher Rep's Report

OCM Reports

Machine Technical Report





  • An isopropyl bottle reapeared.

  • The 3D Printer was broken, don't know if anyone has fixed it yet.

    • ACTION [MPT] To: Follow up with Gary to see how broken the 3D printer is.

Action Items From Previous Meeting


  • Talk to Guild about server solutions.
    • Progressing (Ongoing).
  • Still nothing from Kelvin and Lauren.
    • Ongoing (Guild AFK).
  • Poke James to poke people for action items.
    • Poking attempted, results eventually produced. Will repeat.
    • Ongoing.
  • Reply to the complaint email.
    • Ongoing.


  • Find the secretary keys for [BLU]
    • Not done.
  • Look into server cooling Australian company quotes.
    • Ongoing.
  • Give [BLU] the annual meeting minutes (Before the next GM)
    • Ongoing.
  • Ask Kelvin and Lauren about what's going on.
    • Ongoing.
  • Follow up with Gary to see how broken the 3D printer is.
    • Ongoing.
  • Book the Guild Council Room for the AGM.
    • Ongoing.
  • Find and book a room if necessary for the OGM.
    • Ongoing.


  • Write up what the sponsorship pamphlet would look like.
    • Ongoing.


  • Talk to his father who works for Sales Force, about what they're willing to do.
    • Ongoing.
    • [BLU] will repeatedly ping [HET] and he will not respond.
    • We'll get free snacks if he doesn't.


  • Check which headphones are working
    • Ongoing.


  • Email door about enforcing the clubroom rules.
    • Ongoing.
  • Send an email announcing the OGM.
    • Ongoing.
  • Send an email announcing the AGM.
    • Ongoing.

New equipment

Drinks and Snacks

  • Have gone through the snack and drinks and orded them by use by date in the cupboard.
  • The use by date drinks in the vending machine are discounted.

External Entities


  • Has been checked.


  • Kevin and Lauren have finished their holidays.

    • [MPT] has drafted an email to IT.
  • SOC Meeting.

    • Nothing paticulary relevent for our club.


Other Affairs


Tech Talks

Cameron Hall-o-Ween

  • There was $20 unaccounted for so we need to redo the distribution.
  • [BLU] Motions To: Accept the financial distribution of profits.
    • [EGG] seconds.
      • 5 in favour, 1 abstention.

Tech Clubs Quiz Night

  • Need to find the budget documents and will look over it next meeting.

UnCharity Vigil

  • Approved the budget via circular.

  • Need to buy prizes.

Fresher Welcome

  • Have before the AGM, on the same day.


  • [MPT] Minutes from the 2021 AGM?

    • Still not done.
  • Will hold the AGM on Thursday 3rd of March at 5.30pm, the first week of semester.

  • [MPT] Moves That: We hold an AGM on Thursday the 3rd of March at 5.30pm to be held in the Guild Council room.

    • [TEC] seconds.
      • Unanimous.
  • ACTION [BLU] To: Send an email announcing this.

  • ACTION [MPT] To: Book the Guild Council Room.


  • To talk about the 30k.

  • Recuire 10 days notice.

  • Should do it before O-Day.

  • The weekend before O-Day, Saturday 19 Feburary at 4PM.

  • [TEC] Moves To: Hold a OGM on Saturday the 19th of Feb at 4PM.

    • [MPT] seconds.
      • Unanimous.
  • ACTION [BLU] To: Send an email anouncing this.

  • ACTION [MPT] To: Find and book a room if necessary.

Start of semester preparation


    • Book stall.
      • Done.
    • Pay for stall.
      • About to be done on Monday.
    • Gather gazebos and other equipment.
      • [MPT] has a gazebo we can use for the day.
    • Ensure equipment is tagged.
    • Test wifi/network setup.
    • Clean clubroom <2022-02-19 Fri>.
      • Will have a busybee.
    • Directions to Cameron Hall.
    • Ensure 2022 sign-ups can happen easily (uccpass).
    • Door meeting
      • Will have one.
  • See https://tec.ucc.asn.au/UCC%20Stuff/Documents/2022/O-Day.html for a "live TODO list"

  • [MPT] Moves To: Budget $100 for O-Day materials.

    • [TEC] seconds.
      • Unanimous.
  • Have a Semester 1 event planner.

    • Will talk more about it next meeting.
  • Should ask professors to do our UCC Talk in lecture 1.

  • ACTION [BLU] To: Email the unit co-ordinators asking if they can advertise UCC in their first lecture.

General Business

  • Sponsorship draft.

    • Has been sent out to the people wanting it and [MPT] hasn't had a response back.
  • [TEC] has incident reports from [LIZ] and [ALI] about the clubroom incident.

    • [TEC] has compiled them and put the documents into private committee docs.
  • The Secretary keys still haven't been found.

    • [MPT] is still looking for them.
    • If they haven't been found before the AGM, we will replace the keys and door lock.
  • [EGG] leaves 11.21.

End Time

  • 11.26