UCC Meeting on 17th Feburary 2022

UCC Committee Meeting Minutes 2022-02-17

  • Last committee minutes have been uploaded to the website


  • [TEC] Timothy Chapman, President
  • [MPT] James Arcus, Vice President
  • [BLU] Grace Fowler, Secretary
  • [APA] Alistair Parkinson, Ordinary Committee Member


  • [LMH] Liam Hammond, Treasurer


  • [EGG] Alex Barker, Fresher Representative
  • [HET] Nicholas Clements, Ordinary Committee Member
  • [OKC] Benjamin Wright, Ordinary Committee Member

Start Time

  • 17.50

Committee Reports

President's Report

  • Having a full-time job is time consuming! Who would have thought? 😛
    • This is the same a last week because my state of affairs is the same as last week

Vice President's Report

  • Have been working on stuff, but unfortunately got quite sick last week and only just recovered.
  • Have been attending meetings and working through my backlog of action items and other tasks over the last couple of days.
  • More will be placed in relevant sections.
  • Still waiting on a couple of reimbursements, with confirm with other exec at or after this meeting.
  • I am upset about mouldy lemons... please people, use common sense when putting dirty bottles in the donation bin...

Secretary's Report

  • Haven't really been doing much.

Treasurer's Report

  • Finances Report:
    • Guild Account - $3,759.07
    • Main Westpac Account - $1010.15
    • Credit Card Account - $234.60
    • Term Deposit Account - $44,821.11

Fresher Rep's Report

OCM Reports

Machine Technical Report


  • One donated Dell server has been comissioned as "Madtop".
    • Thanks to [DBA], [NTU] and [MPT].


  • Working.
  • Some more progress with 10G upgrades.


  • Corydoras issue was confirmed to be a bad GPU.
    • GPU has been removed and remaining machine has become Cerberus.
    • We are down another desktop and Corvo now has dual monitors.


  • Cerberus fault was confirmed to be bad motherboard.
    • GPU has been extracted and placed into Corydoras, which has then become the new Cerberus machine.

Action Items From Previous Meeting


  • Talk to Guild about server solutions.
    • Progressing (Ongoing).
  • Still nothing from Kelvin and Lauren.
    • Ongoing (Guild AFK).
  • Poke James to poke people for action items.
    • Poking attempted, results eventually produced. Will repeat.
    • Ongoing.
  • Reply to the complaint email.
    • Ongoing.


  • Find the secretary keys for [BLU]
    • Not done.
  • Look into server cooling Australian company quotes.
    • Ongoing.
  • Give [BLU] the annual meeting minutes (Before the next GM)
    • Ongoing.
  • Ask Kelvin and Lauren about what's going on.
    • Ongoing.
  • Follow up with Gary to see how broken the 3D printer is.
    • Ongoing.
  • Book the Guild Council Room for the AGM.
    • Done.
  • Find and book a room if necessary for the OGM.
    • Ongoing.


  • Write up what the sponsorship pamphlet would look like.
    • Ongoing.


  • Talk to his father who works for Sales Force, about what they're willing to do.
    • Ongoing.
    • [BLU] will repeatedly ping [HET] and he will not respond.
    • We'll get free snacks if he doesn't.


  • Check which headphones are working.
    • Ongoing.


  • Email door about enforcing the clubroom rules.
    • Ongoing.
  • Send an email announcing the OGM.
    • Ongoing.
  • Send an email announcing the AGM.
    • Done.

New equipment

  • Vertical banner?
    • It has arrived at [LMH]'s house and he'll delivery it this weekend at the unCharity Vigil.

Drinks and Snacks

  • [LCY] has purchased 4x24 Coke Zero, though has yet to bring the receipt for reimbursement.

External Entities


  • [MPT]: Oops, I was just down there but forgot to check.
    • If no one else does I will do it when I come in next Monday.


  • IT?
    • [MPT] has written it and will send it out.


Other Affairs


Tech Talks

Tech Clubs Quiz Night

  • Reinbursment stuff.

  • [MPT] Moves To: Aprove the reinbursment inacord with the budget.

    • [TEC] seconds.
      • Unanimous

UnCharity Vigil

  • Will run VR, LANgames, Jackbox

  • VR

    • The more you pay, you go to front of the line faster. As you do that it becomes more expresnsive.
    • Arcade game, if you die a certain amount of times, have to pay to play again.
  • Prizes

    • USB sticks,
    • 3D printed stuff no-one has claimed
    • Auction stuff, plushies, disco ball
    • T-Shirts
    • Still need to spend what's left of the $50
  • Will use money box and can donate through dispense.

Fresher Welcome

  • Thursday 4pm.
  • Free pizza for freshers and $5 for members.


  • [MPT] has now confirmed room booking with GSC.

  • [MPT] will submit the EMP after the meeting.

  • [MPT] Minutes from the 2021 AGM?

  • [BLU] sent out the AGM announcment email.


  • Sunday 27th Feb, 2pm in the Loft.
  • [TEC] Motions To: Call and OGM for Sunday 27th Feburary at 2pm in the Cameron Hall Loft.
    • [MPT] seconds.
      • Unanimous.


  • Sunday 27th 10am with a door meeting after and then the OGM.


  • We have now received confirmation of our stall and the information pack.

    • We are with PCS, UniSFA and Unigames again.
  • We need to bring our own hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies.

    • [MPT] We probably need more sanitizer sooner than we can wait for shipping, but I suggest buying some in bulk (as well) from e.g. https://www.sanitiseroo.com.au/product/sanitiseroo-5l/
  • Need to make sure anything electronic we want to use is tested and tagged.

    • Guild running test and tag session next week Wednesday if needed.
  • What are we bringing?

    • Fresher/Tech pamphlets
    • Paper forms
    • Banner
    • T-shirts on rack
    • Full fresher guide, club map, fresher welcome, VR
      • Follow the Unigames Fresher Guide formula.
  • Discord poll about a new sticker colour.

    • Blue, orange, red
  • Write stuff on the whiteboard.

  • Direct Door members to point stuff out to visitors.


    • Fresher welcome
    • AGM
    • Fresher VR week 2
    • Tech Talks most Tuesdays 4pm
    • LAN
    • Tech club interevent
    • 2 quiz nights
    • cam halloween
    • camp
    • charity vigil
  • Update the posters.

Start of semester preparation

  • Email unit-coords about Lecture Bashing.

  • Official handover.

General Business

  • Sponsorship draft.

    • Any info?
  • Emailed Guild about incident?

    • [MPT] might talk to Tony.
  • The Secretary keys.

    • Have they been found?
  • 3d Printer.

    • Next week Gary will look at it.
  • Vanguard account

    • Don't know if we have one.
    • Want the account to idealy exist before the OGM.

    • [MPT] will see if it's working.
  • Has everything we've budgeted for been brought?

  • Has everyone been reinbursed from previous agrements?

  • Need to empty the safe.

  • Machine room is getting a mess again.

    • [MPT]: It's hard to find things.
    • Chocolate is still in there.

End Time

  • 19.03